Seasonal Wireline Field Specialist , Edmonton Alberta
Weatherford Canada is currently hiring Temporary Open Hole Wireline Field Specialist for our services based in Edmonton, Alberta
This opportunity is a fixed contract or employment term, for an expected period of Mid November 2016 to end of March 2017 but may be terminated early at discretion of either party.
The position of Field Specialist/Supervisor is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry. As a Field Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- The operation and management of a mobile wireline field unit and crew.
- The operation of a proprietary surface computer system to collect, QC, and analyze complex geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools. The quality and accuracy of these logs are crucial as the oil company makes major production decisions from them.
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups.
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training.
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours
- BS in Engineering / Geology / Earth Sciences
- College Certificate in Engineering
- Mechanical interest and inclination
- Requires a clean driver's license.
- You must be willing to relocate
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen