FULL TIME REGULAR
KUALA LUMPUR - MALAYSIA
ABOUT THE JOB
The Statutory Analyst will be task to work alongside and be the point of the external auditor that is auditing Baker Hughes various region accounts. This position will work along with a group of professional in supporting various financial functions within Enterprise Financial organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deals with external auditors under general/minimal supervision.
- Mainly involved in managing the external audit for countries spread within the APAC, Middle East & Africa region. Key point of contact for communication/resolution of audit issues.
- Review of statutory financial statements and coordination of audit requests by working closely with Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) functional teams, Country Accounting Centre (CAC) Leads, tax, legal, company secretary, operations and other BHI internal teams wherever relevant.
- Active liaison with RAC and CAC statutory team to ensure completion of all statutory filings within the region in a timely manner and within the stipulated statutory deadlines.
- Prepares the audit pack and draft the statutory financial statements that are in compliance to the local statutory requirements.
- Analytical support, to analyze and prepare Audit Packs and Variance Analysis
- To continually review processes and seek to communicate and implement changes to improve efficiency, particularly by leveraging on audit issues and findings encountered during the financial year.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
- Min. 2 years working experience in external audit and in planning/ analysis filed
- Possesses and applies knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Possesses good analytical and inter-personal skills.
- Able to multitask, independent, proactive and willingness to learn.
- Experience in Analysis, variance commentary and reporting
- Experience in auditing oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical company would be an added advantage
- Knowledge in SAP and HFM will be added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application particularly Excel and Word.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.