Our client is seeking a Survey Technologist for their Business Services department located in various project sites within Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Survey Technologist will perform field surveys to collect all spatial data required by using the latest GPS, total stations, and electronic data collectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs field surveys;
- Field surveys to include quality control, topographic, survey control, legal, as-builts, cross sections, profiles, quantity calculations, and real property reports;
- All other survey field work as required;
- Assists in other survey and/or lands related duties as required;
- Completes land research as required;
- Demonstrate adherence to established ethical standards. Set highest standards for self and others, and monitors practice.
Graduation from a 3-year technology program in Geomatics Engineering from a recognized post-secondary education institution, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in Geomatics;
- Extensive field experience;
- Office based computer application experience;
- Experience in Geomatics work with an electric utility company would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with land registration systems in the province;
- Proficient in the use of computer systems and experience using CAD and GIS systems;
- Required to travel and work for extended periods which will require a commitment to work extended hours to avail of suitable weather conditions and meet work schedules; and
- Travel is required and may include travel by airplane, helicopter, snowmobile, ATV, and/or boat.