EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. EDF are now looking to recruit a PSA Engineer to join the Hinkley Point C project. The PSA engineer will participate to the role of intelligent customer of the whole Design Authority to provide HPC NPP with a set of PSA studies relevant to substantiate the final design and inform the development of the design.
The job is part of the NNB Design Authority whose role is to;
- be the intelligent customer for the safety case through technical oversight during licensing, procurement, manufacture, construction, commissioning and operation;
- understand, lead the production of and eventually own and control the safety case;
- maintain design integrity in their intelligent customer role, the role holder will be required to advise system groups and the Responsible Designer on the adequacy of the safety cases produced by them.
The role holder will need to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including NNB GenCo, EDF Engineering, external regulators and suppliers.
To understand the safety case and the PSA used within the safety case.
- To manage the production and development of the sections of the site specific safety case and PSA.
- To produce, or lead production of, identified sections of the site specific safety case and PSA.
- To ensure that PSA is, as appropriate, used to inform the design development so as to ensure that risks are demonstrably ALARP.
- To support the various system groups in development of changes to the safety case.
- To work effectively and maintain strong relationships with other parts of NNB and EDF Engineering entities.
- To coordinate support from external organisations.
- To develop and resolve commitments made in the GDA and previous safety reports.
- To interface with the Regulator in the areas of safety case and PSA management.
- Degree or equivalent in physical science, maths or engineering
- Proven Experience in PSA modelling and use of PSA within Safety Case development
- Chartered engineer status (Flexibility required when coming from abroad)
- Demonstrated experience in HRA would be advantageous.
By joining EDF Energy you will be part of a company committed to equality. We are proud to be one of only three organisations in the UK to gain the National Equality Standard, the country's most comprehensive assessment of diversity & inclusion. We'll support your career through our state of the art approach to learning, development and knowledge sharing through our Campus network. We offer a defined benefit pension scheme based on career average earnings, in addition to leave and benefits that help you feel good.