Contributes to the development of new techniques and standards. Considered an expert in the field of cost engineering. Generally functions as the assigned cost engineer on a small or medium project performing routine cost activities with minimal supervision. Has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Provide input to the development of the Project Controls Plan
- Coordinate and monitor cost engineering activities and implementing required resources and systems to ensure availability of timely, accurate cost information, and forecasts
- Facilitate cost trending meetings
- Facilitate cost portion of weekly project team meetings
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s)
- Develop and process changes in the change management system. This may require interface with the client
- Earned value analysis based on input from project leads. Recommend corrective actions
- Prepare and analyze revenue and cost for home office and field services, included margin analysis
- Prepare and assist Business Development in the preparation of Pro-services estimates for proposals
- Recommend usage of contingency
- Assist in assigning personnel to each project
- Perform personnel performance evaluations
- 10+ years of experience is required
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience is required
- Proficiency in design, procurement, and construction/field services processes and their inherent cost performance risks is required
- Familiarity with the Operating Procedures for Project Controls is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope of work for projects is required
- Able to effectively communicate with project management, other project leads, and the client is required.
- Fluent in JPCS, JMMS, and Excel.
- Experience with cash flows, data management, and client cost systems required.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Client and Jacobs reporting requirements.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.