Electro-Mechanical Technician, Odessa, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in Odessa, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Electro-Mechanical Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to, troubleshooting, testing, assembling, disassembling and performing visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies. The Electro-Mechanic Technician will also assist in reworking, repairing, and modifying non-conforming equipment. Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and keep record of documentation. Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems. Provide technical support to other groups and co-workers. Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence. Perform inspection and disposition of parts and equipment. Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots, tests, assembles, disassembles and perform visual inspection of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assists in reworking, repairing, and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Performs complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
- Builds test fixtures and configure test stations and systems.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Performs scheduled Instrumentation Preventive Maintenance on equipment.
- Technical diploma or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical field
- 3 years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum 3 years relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive, electronic) preferred.
- Versed in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits and electro-mechanical devices.
- Basic level of analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems. Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists, and follow formal procedures and maintenance practices
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Basic skills in soldering and assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and Windows based software.
- Knowledge of Garner Denver, FMC & SPM power ends.
- Scheduled Shift Work (subject to change).
- On call 24/7 during rotation.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.