Pin to Pin Plant Operator, Lloydminster Alberta
The Pin to Pin plant operator will be responsible for building pin to pin continuous sucker rod strings in the Lloydminster facility as well as overseeing business aspect of this operation. The operator will also deliver the rod strings to the field locations and assist with installation as required. A valid class 3 operator's license is required as well as all applicable oilfield tickets. Previous fusion field service welding and/ or rig operator experience will be a definite asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of WFT plant facility relating to pin to pin rod strings.
- Responsible for creating written job procedures and standards for the plant.
- Taking orders and building actual product.
- Maintaining inventories of required products
- Completing and submitting all paperwork accurately (purchase/ work orders, maintenance records, time sheets, service tickets, drivers logs, etc.)
- Safely and efficiently delivering rod strings to the field.
- Maintaining vehicle log book relating to deliveries in the field.
- Monitoring and maintaining all tools and stock inventory required for pin to pin rod fabrication.
- Maintaining regular communication with Area manager/sales personnel/ dispatch on orders.
- Observing job procedures and identifies problems; provides suggestions for controlling or eliminating problems; actively participates in continuous process improvement.
- Documenting all potential hazards and dangers and informing others (Hazard I.D.'s and near misses).
- Properly wearing personal protective equipment as required.
- Following all safety and environmental procedures; complies with incident reporting and E.R.P
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- 2-5 years oilfield experience preferred
- 2-5 years heavy vehicle driving experience required
- Class 3 operators license with clean drivers abstract
- All applicable oilfield tickets for both WFT and customer sites required
- Advanced mechanical abilities
- Advanced interpersonal skills, ability to get along with others
- Prior Corod experience, i.e. fusion welding and/or rig operator skill considered an asset.
- Flexibility to work in remote locations; varying work schedules and extreme conditions.
Working Environment: Outdoors on lease; travelling in truck; all weather conditions
Physical Demands: Heavy manual labor