At Air Products we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We require a Project Engineer to support the Industrial Gases business areas, including ASUs, HyCO and packaged gases. The future workload is driven by major plant life extensions and expansions, predominantly in Benelux and Northern Continent but also ongoing support to UK & Ireland, Southern Europe and Middle East. Projects range from $100k to $30MM with a group project stack around $60MM.
Project scopes of supply may vary widely, but will generally include equipment supply, engineering design, construction, and start-up services. A typical project team consists of a matrix-organization and will also include external contractors and consultants.
- You provide leadership for the development, execution and control of proposals and projects with the ultimate goal of achieving project completion on time, within budgets, to the satisfaction of the customer, and at acceptable levels of quality without compromising safety or reliability.
- You are responsible for project development and project execution. The role requires leadership of a PDE team to define the scope and execution strategy of a project and compile cost estimates which are suitable for EAR generation purposes, sales or contract extensions.
- You are responsible for the technical aspects of leading a project team in defining and completing the project agreed upon scope of supply.
- You have ownership of the project budget, schedule, and technical quality to achieve the project and business objectives established at the start of the project.
Typical project activities include: technical liaison to the business area, the Customer’s single point of contact for communication and resolution of project issues, review and interpretation of internal customer RFQs, accountable for the definition of scope of supply and preparation of customer proposals, resource planning, defining and leading a project team, system design and specification, equipment procurement, equipment fabrication, drawing packages, value engineering, scope of supply documentation, contractor procurement, construction procurement and management, system commissioning and start-up, and project status and close out reports, etc.
- Significant experience in an engineering or projects role, ideally with commercial exposure.
- An engineering degree.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on experience in an operational environment and a practical approach.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.