Chem Tech Specialist-Exelon Industrial Services
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The EIS Chemical Technician Specialist is responsible for supporting all tests being performed at the EIS chemistry labs. Specific responsibilities include Organic and Analytical chemical testing of samples, logging in samples into the lab software, and analysis of the test results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure samples are logged into the laboratory information management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Uses advanced analytical instrumentation to analyze the chemistry of various samples. Perform testing of samples including but not limited to: transformer oils, PCB testing, lube oil, fuel oil and environmental samples as required. Uses fundamental chemistry knowledge to prepare standards, reagents and quality control samples for laboratory use in accordance wth Exelon procedures.
- Analyze test results for accuracy, highlight any issues or deficiencies, assembly data reports and communicate with peers and customers as directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years chemistry technician experience
- Knowledgeable in oil testing and analysis
- Knowledgeable in environmental sample analysis
- Aptitude in the use of Chemistry laboratory instruments such as a GC, IC, ICP, FTIR
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word and Excel
- B.S. in Chemistry
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster