R&D Engineer - Electrical (Artificial Lift) – Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
Baker Hughes is seeking an Electrical or Mechanical Design Engineer in the Engineering Group for Artificial Lift Systems in Houston, TX. Responsibilities to include design and analysis of electric motors in the area of insulation systems, electromagnetic circuits, power systems, mechanical design, bearing systems and thermal heat transfer.
• Develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment, and provide technical assistance as needed within the ALS Controls New Product Development team.
• Primary focus to be on both new product development and product engineering support.
• Candidate will coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget
• Receives moderate to close supervision on most or all aspects of each project but is expected to meet all deadlines on time and within budget
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• The main area of studies should be power electronics with focus on adjustable speed drive.
• Embedded software development for motor drive applications.
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
• Strong technical skills and the ability to develop a solid working knowledge of adjustable speed drive for ESPs are required.
• Well-developed skills at written and verbal communication whether dealing with internal or external customers
• Must possess ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently
• Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus
• Masters' degree in Electrical Engineering
• Adjustable speed drive design and operation.
• A practical and theoretical background in one or more of the following is a plus: power electronics, power conversion, voltage source inverter operation, position sensor-less algorithms for motor drives etc.
• Previous engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry
• Experience with projects involved in solving unique technical problems
• Approximately 10% domestic travel is expected.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.