Global Sales Director
The Global Sales Director is responsible for leading the account management team for each global business unit. The Global Sales Director leads their team to optimize and grow the business unit’s profitability and is responsible for meeting or exceeding annual budget targets for volume, market contribution, and pocket margin. The Global Sales Director will collaborate with the business unit leadership team to set business strategic goals and execute growth plans while balancing various other objectives. The Global Sales Director will develop their team and will work with functional leaders and peers to reach short and long term growth targets. By policy and example, motivate, lead, and foster a positive work environment for the sales team.
- Lead the Account Management team to develop, propose and champion annual account plans
- Lead team to build, coordinate and maintain multi-level and multi-functional intercompany relationships with accounts as well as internal teams
- Meet or exceed annual goals within the global account base
- As required, review and document customer call reports, industry information, and development opportunities in CRM
- Maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of product line technology, competitive environment and industry structure. Continuously provide meaningful information pertaining to this data to marketing and pricing teams.
- Evaluate, hire, retain and develop account management sales staff. Provide timely coaching and candid feedback to insure goal achievement and career growth of direct reports.
- Create and execute a plan to build a positive sales reputation within our industry and market; one based on service, integrity and growth.
- Obtain and disseminate product forecasts, service needs and key trends at the account
- Understand and coach team about market segmentation and the unique value proposition of Emerald products to provide maximum benefit to our customers
- In partnership with the Pricing Team -recommend, negotiate and implement pricing strategy as agreed with the sales director and the VP/GM of the business unit
- Understand availability, value and cost of internal capabilities that add to the offering beyond just the product alone
- Investigate and identify growth opportunities for new and existing products and customers as requested by the marketing team and in line with business unit goals
- Provide feedback to the marketing team regarding marketing collateral needs and utilize said collateral at the accounts
- Operates Sales Region within approved budget guidelines
- Ensure the business unit is kept informed of activities that affect them in a timely basis
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Discipline in Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science or related technical field preferred. An MBA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience. Ability to motivate, coach and train sales team to achieve goals required.
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in commercial, business development, operations and/or R & D roles in the chemical industry
- Minimum 2 years leading teams.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical understanding of business unit’s end use applications required.
- Strategic, analytical thinker able to comprehend market trends and help shape the future of the segment
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to be organizationally effective through influence
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to anticipate issues and think creatively
- Experience and ability to work in a global matrix organization.
- Experience with planning and delivering effective technical presentations to groups
- Business, contract and finance acumen required
- Proficient with various software and applications products
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% or more as required
- This position has the flexibility to work at home based location
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment managing across different regions and time zones
Apply for Global Sales Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly