Data Analytics Developer - Houston, TX
17021 Aldine Westfield, Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Data Analytics Developer in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The Data Analytics Developer will work within a small agile team and have a Software development background with broad and deep knowledge of software, systems design and software processes. High level of expertise in ETL, database languages, C# and .NET programming. Detailed knowledge of oilfield technical standards, detailed design documents, and functional requirements specifications. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Solid teaming and collaboration skills. A successful candidate is driven an attention to detail, and being able to realise data as an asset.
- Responsible for driving Baker Hughes data at the Enterprise level.
- Collaborate with the Business Stakeholders and the Data Engineering Team to design and develop tools and utilities, optimizing the correlation of disparate data sets to meet the needs of the business
- Lead the design of the data ingest process across all internal and external data sources
- Work in conjunction with data owners to implement relevant business rules, enabling a consistent, correlated data set across multiple data sources
- Work closely with the project teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for data
- Contribute to and oversee the delivery of high quality data that supports the Company's proprietary software products
- Develop data governance to ensure implementation of design and high quality standards
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Capability of handling several deadline-driven tasks at once, and comfort with shifting priorities
- High-level multi-tasking skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to step outside role confines, work independently when necessary, help teach and enable other team members
- Will work in conjunction with Data Architect. Handles special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in computer science with 10 years' experience or MIS with 8 years' experience in software processes, systems architecture and data lifecycle management.
- Highly proficient with Oil & Gas industry wellsite data
- Expert knowledge of oilfield vocabulary
- Experience in data transformation, governance and storage
- Prior experience automating data transformation and extract
- Proficient in C# .NET programming
- Experience in production optimization for large data sets
- Understanding of Analytics fundamentals (Business Intelligence through machine learning)
Dynamic position offers forward exposure to multiple areas of the business to deliver data solutions. Candidate must be comfortable working in a small fast paced agile team focused on business value.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.