Project Quality Manager
Responsible for managing quality within a specific project. Make sure quality scope of the project is delivered on time, on budget and fulfilling contractual requirements. Establish link between customer, site team and project team for any quality related topic. Assure customer focus on day-to-day work.
- Represents the company for quality related items in the request for quotation during Sales and tendering phase
- Issue the quality section of the offer including the man-hours and the project quality plan with the applicable standard ITPrograms during Sales and tendering phase
- Support/participate in contract negotiation when required.
- Assure that during negotiation all the topics related to quality are documented and the corresponding impact on the tender considered.
- Review all applicable local regulations, codes and standards related to quality during Sales and Tendering phase
- Ensure the risk assessment for the proposed suppliers in the panel have been applied during Sales and Tendering phase
- Ensure the applicable level for the quality control plan has been identified during Sales and Tendering phase
- Participate in KoM with Customer to assure clear understanding of quality requirements and specifications and clarify any quality related question
- Understand the Customer's quality requirements and roll it out to the project team
- Participate in internal project KoM with project and site teams to ensure that the project quality plan, quality control plan, and all quality requirements are communicated and implemented in the project. Share and collect Lessons Learned applicable to that project and product.
- Participate in KoM with suppliers (key suppliers and/or commodities) to assure clear understanding of quality requirements and specifications and clarify any quality related question
- Prepare Project Quality Plan and QCPs - from standard/harmonized sources when possible
- Interfaces with the quality representative of the other products lines that may be involved in the execution of the project to assure consistent application of the project quality requirements
- Lead on a functional basis the other quality functions in the project
- Review and comment on contractors proposed procedures and ITPLs
- Provide SQEs with necessary information and documentation allowing them to perform the qualifications and inspections
- Establish link between Project and Supplier Quality
- Participate in project reviews (monthly/quarterly/client) and ensure the quality aspects are covered
- Interfaces with the Customer for key project quality issues and coordinate relevant action plans within the project
- Oversee the deployment of SMH - Site Management Handbook instructions in line with Customer processes
- Participate to the Customer meetings and audits - delegate when not available
- Review and report the quality metrics of the project internally to the Project Director /Manager and externally to the client (as per contract): NCRs & 8Ds (inc.: quality alerts for H&C), CoPQ, Cx, etc..
- Ensure action plans are prepared and followed for any quality related issues that may arise on the project
- Review, compile quality related documentation in accordance to the ITP, QCP and project schedule (ex.: EOMRs, SWCFs)
- Prepare the quality documentation right on time to Customer as defined in the contract.
- Compile CoPQ for the project (costs from the project Cost controller + Events), propose solving problem actions and report to the unit
- Ensure the implementation (governance) of the Customer Experience Program. Including sending Customer Surveys together with the PM
- Prepare and lead the weekly quality teleconference with site and project director/manager (NCR opening, disposed, archived, Client deviations and quality action plan)
- Consolidate the quality metrics of the project.
- Raise concern in case of lack of resources or knowledge. Introduce 3rd party entities to support project execution when needed and when within budget.
- Train and introduce new comers in the management system
- Engineering Degree or tecnical diploma (with related work experience)
- Good and proven experience as Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Project Management
- Be familier with the standards required by the Management System
- Problem solving tools (eg: 8D)
- Very good English written and oral communication skills
- Strong leader
- Customer driven
- Self starter
- Ability to work with limited amount of supervision
- Work in teams
- Eu work permit
- Previous work experience in Quality on EPC contracts
- Previous work experience in the Power Business
- Certification such as:
- Welding Engineering
- Project Management
- Steel fabrication
- Supplier Management
- Manufacturing environment