Electrician – Haskell, TX
The electrician will be responsible for the daily reporting to the Senior Site Operator / Site Operator of all operation, planned and corrective maintenance, and event response for assets in the West region. The electrician will be responsible for operation and maintenance of one or more plants (home base), as well as all operations, maintenance, and event responses at the other plants in the region.
- Plant Operations – Work as a team member in production of renewable energy at all plants in a particular region, ensuring that plants operate within design parameters in a reliable, safe and efficient manner. Make repairs to all electrical appliances and report to the Senior Site Operator/ Site Operator to ensure plants are meeting performance expectations. Coordinate and resolve operational abnormalities.
- Plant Maintenance – Coordinate maintenance and repair of plant components; troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise. Perform preventive/predictive maintenance to ensure long term profitability, plant reliability and risk minimization.
- Technical Support – Perform operational repairs as required to support Asset Management and Project Development.
- Technical Expertise – Stay abreast of regulations, codes and standards as they relate to the industry. Develop relationships with suppliers that result in beneficial synergies.
- Licensed Electrician and or equivalent experience in the power industry
- Electrical engineering degree desired
- 2-5 years’ experience in a related renewable energy field, with direct expertise in electrical engineering preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience in power plant/high voltage substation operations environment
- Experience operating a power plant
- Prior experience with power generation, renewable and gas facilities is a plus
- High voltage testing experience is a plus
- Low / medium voltage experience and certification strongly preferred
- Excellent technical, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuitry
- Knowledge of power generation equipment and technologies
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance technologies
- Driver’s license required