Travel & Security Analyst
Our client, a diversified Oil & Energy Company, is looking for a Travel & Security Analyst to join their office in Houston, TX on a year contract basis.
- A contract analyst position to provide backup coverage and improve Aviation and Global Security's capabilities to protect company employees, assets and operations worldwide. Individual who can quickly step in to provide backup coverage and assist in refining and optimizing the Travel Security and Intelligence programs.
- Travel Security / Traveler Tracking Administration and Support
- Pre-trip approvals / briefings /training
- Proactive monitoring of global events and dissemination of travel alerts to employees impacted
- Travel Approvals tracking
- Travel Security / Safety presentations for internal audiences
- Post-trip debrief / review
- Destination briefings customization
- Intranet travel security updates / content
- Reporting / metrics of travel data
- Executive Protective Intelligence (travel security)
- Pre-trip review of executive travel and major events
- Monitoring of travel / events while ongoing
- Develop written assessments for all international executive trips
- Feed Corporate Aviation schedule into Travel Tracker tool, update as necessary
- Executive Protective Intelligence (informational/personal security)
- Research / monitor persons of interest (POIs) who may pose a threat to executive leadership
- Conduct periodic reviews of open source information to identify potential issues of concern (fraudulent accounts, information leakage of sensitive information, etc.)
- Social Media Monitoring
- Actively monitor social media sources for potential issues of concern
- Elevate issues of concern to Global Security Leadership Team or relevant business unit/facility for acting upon
- Conduct additional research and monitoring support as necessary
- Support Crisis Management and other business units in monitoring emerging/ongoing incidents impacting the Company
- Due diligence and Investigative Services
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence investigation of a business or individual before entering into an agreement (infrequent)
- Conduct research into potentially threatening individuals (such as workplace violence, threatening messages directed at Company personnel from external sources)
- Provide investigative support to business units and site security personnel (vehicle license plates, suspicious persons, etc.)
- Intelligence Analysis and Reporting
- Produce weekly briefing summarizing key issues monitored for Aviation and Global Security leadership
- Develop comprehensive assessments for high profile events, including P66 board meetings and annual shareholders' meetings
- Author security alert bulletins for dissemination to site security personnel and other business units
- Produce general audience security awareness pieces for internal distribution (such as on intranet page and e-News distributions)
- New country entry assessments (infrequent)
- Produce daily intelligence briefings summarizing key issues and impact to company
- Proactively disseminate alerts to Aviation and Global Security leadership on hot button items, with analysis of potential impact to company
- Produce forward-looking analytical pieces focusing on key issues
- Develop metrics / reporting of intelligence analytical production
Basic / Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 7+ years of oil & natural gas global risk and analytical experience in a comparable position with a multi-national corporation and/or working with a national government.
- Experience with researching the Internet and commercial databases such as Lexis/Nexis and Factiva.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to present information in a graphic format.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% in a one-year period.
- Extensive knowledge of international security concerns, political issues, criminal activities, terrorist organizations, insurgent activities, corruption, militant activist organizations and other relevant issues in countries of interest to company.
- Established network within the oil & natural gas industry and government.
- Willing and able to respond to emergency or crisis situation on a 24-hour basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in History, Political Science, International Relations, Intelligence Analysis or related discipline.
- Advanced degree.
- Foreign language expertise.
- International travel experience.
- Possession of (or ability to obtain) a secret level clearance with the US government.
- Established network with law enforcement and intelligence communities outside the oil & natural gas sector.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.