Machinist/Machine Operator (Artificial Lift) - Claremore, OK
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
US Land Lift Systems product line provides artificial lift systems, including electric submersible pumps (ESP) and progressive cavity pump systems, as well as specific engineering, project management and well monitoring services. Centrilift ESP systems can operate in harsh downhole environments that include high gas-to-oil ratio production, heavy oil, high temperatures and abrasive-laden fluids. New systems also address the needs of coal bed methane and subsea production.
As a Machinist with Baker Hughes you will Set-up and operate special purpose equipment, conventional (lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
KEY RESPOSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- May perform machining, painting, and/or shipping processes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Must demonstrate intermediate skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on at least three machines; CNC mill, CNC lathe, and NC (figure feed rates), manual mill, brooch, drill press, rework lathe/press lathe.
- Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- May perform administrative and inventory work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force
- Basic computer knowledge for documenting work activity
- Ability to drive forklift and operate front-end loader and obtain certification
- 10 years in a machining role
- Certification or vocational school for machining
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
- For this position, we are seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in the USA for any employer. Sponsorship is not available.
- As no relocation assistance is available for this position, we are only considering local candidates.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.