Business Intelligence (BI) Developer - Lead Analyst IT
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) developer, manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high quality solutions, products and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes. For projects: plan, design, and build high quality IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards. For operations and application maintenance and support: plan and lead IT activities required to manage service level agreements. Assist others in planning and prioritizing work and work schedule.
- Assist in creation of documentation for products and services. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners, and monitor adherence within Team/Group to standards as defined within the Management Model
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel. Provide performance and development feedback as required
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years relevant experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, or have worked with similar Business Intelligence products (OBIEE, COGNOS, etc.)
- Experience building Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experience creating SQL queries from scratch (including complex stored procedures) and data processes.
- Expert knowledge with OLAP (SSAS, Cubes) and MDX query syntax.
-Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
-Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
-Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
-Ability to work with remote project teams
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor