Senior mechanical piping engineer
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a senior mechanical piping engineer to join our team in Hinckley to provide technical and professional expertise as part of an enthusiastic project mechanical team.
As a senior engineer you will be involved with designing engineering solutions for mechanical engineering projects, and to act as design co-ordinator within a multi-disciplinary team made up of mechanical, civil, control & instrumentation and electrical engineers in the field of petrochemical pipework/pipeline design (mainly natural gas) on a by-project basis.
Roles and responsibilities will include undertaking and managing the day-to-day operations in respect to the following key areas:
* operate as a design co-ordinator leading/managing a team of multi-disciplinary engineers working closely with project managers and discipline team leaders
* take the lead technical role in assigned projects, organising their prompt delivery by planning and monitoring your work and the work of other engineers and CAD designers working with you
* preparation of detailed design reports/specifications/component datasheets
* engineering calculations
* approval of engineering reports, calculations drawings etc
* instructing mechanical designers on issues such as plant layout and component specifications
* liaison with other engineering disciplines
* liaison with clients and contractors
* lead and attend design co-ordination meetings (internally and externally)
* procurement/construction support
* project documentation control
* work closely with and provide professional advice on mechanical engineering matters to both internal and external clients
* operate in accordance with the corporate health and safety, environment and quality standards
Work may require travel in the UK and/or abroad to offices and/or sites.
We welcome applications from candidates with the following:
* a degree in mechanical engineering
* chartered engineer status preferable but at least incorporated engineer status required
* proven track record of providing engineering design and consultancy services to the petrochemical industry
* either registered on National Grid database of Approvers and Appraisers or able to demonstrate during the interview / recruitment process, ability to meet criteria for registration within a reasonable timescale. This will require extensive knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and legislation, and relevant experience working on UK gas related projects
* fluent written and verbal English
* competent with MS Office suite of programs
* ability to work on own initiative on technical and business matters and manage own time
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with over 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 150 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
With over 50 years' experience, Mott MacDonald's oil and gas consultancy delivers optimal engineering solutions to the oil, gas and petrochemicals sectors globally. Our full range of services spans from concept to commissioning, including advisory and feasibility studies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.