Research Technician - The Woodlands, TX
9110 Grogan's Mill Rd. The Woodlands, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Research Technician in The Woodlands, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for a Research Technician to work in our machine shop and metallurgical lab as part of our Materials Research Team in the Woodlands, TX.
- Responsibility for test sample preparation
- Manage work according to group priorities both internally and with external suppliers
- Conduct testing to internal procedures or engineer instruction.
- Assist in procuring test materials which meet targeted research goals
- Assist engineers and scientist with test preparation
- Independently perform basic testing or sample analysis
- Commitment to a safety culture of continuous improvement
- Associate's Degree or equivalent with 3 years' experience or Bachelor's Degree with 2 years' experience.
- Experience with machine shop tools and processes including milling, turning, grinding and electro-discharge machining
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Familiarity with a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of MS Office products
- Ability to maintain clear records, follow-up established procedures, and contribute to shop & laboratory improvements
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with engineers, scientists, and other technicians across departments
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- In addition to essential qualifications
- Familiarity with data acquisition, test instrumentation and test controls to conduct material testing and obtain reliable results.
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Experience with computer aided design tools and ability to create basic drawings
- Basic mechanical testing and heat treatment experience
- Experience in a metallurgical laboratory
- Welding experience
- Not a desk position. Working in a machine shop moving materials daily.
- Occasional early starts.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.