Design Assurance Engineer - West, London, UK
CH2M would like to recruit a Design Assurance Engineer to work on the Thames Tideway Tunnel project in London.
We are looking for a design assurance engineer to help us deliver the design assurance of this £4 billion project. This is an immense tunnelling project through and under the centre of London.
If you have practical construction knowledge and experience of reviewing contractors' designs for these works and in particular for heavy civil construction and tunnelling, and in-river structures then we want you to be involved with this project.
Provide technical design assurance support as member of the Project Management teams overseeing and administering the design and delivery of the Thames Tideway Tunnel Main Works construction contracts.
The works, located within the dense urban environment, include tunnelling, heavy civil engineering and underground construction, marine works, hydraulics, MEICA, architecture and landscape works that interface with Thames Water's sewerage network.
• Provide design assurance activities, reviewing contractors' designs and NEC-3 Project Manager's acceptance of contractors' designs for the Main Work Contracts
• Mitigate engineering risks with a thorough understanding of responsibilities under the CDM regulations (2015). Participation in design review workshops (including SWIFT, HAZOP, OPMAN and Interdisciplinary Reviews)
• Maximising quality and value of design while minimising the project risk profile.
• Coordinate engineering activities with other team members and cross-project engineering functions.
• Contributing to the co-ordination and integration of the engineering designs with the overall system requirements and disciplines, such as tunnelling, existing TW and third-party infrastructure, geology, hydraulics and modelling, mechanical, electrical, control and instrumentation, architecture, landscape, operations, planning, environment, property, security, community, communications etc.
• Support, review and challenge design development including leading on evaluation and reviews
• Managing/supporting the design process, including monitoring, control and reporting against budget, forecast, progress, schedule and deliverables and contributing to the design risk registers
• Work with the Engineering Manager to resolve any existing or forecast problems related to discipline, quality of work, schedule performance or productivity
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Eligibility to work in the EU
• Degree in Engineering
• Chartered Engineer or near Chartered - AMICE / MICE - Desirable
• Member of an appropriate professional institution
• Grounding in design delivery of tunnel and sewerage projects within the UK
• Understanding of hydraulics and experience in design of hydraulic structures and control mechanisms associated with sewerage infrastructure projects within the UK, particularly, the design of CSO's and/or deep storm sewers/wastewater pumping stations
• Understanding of design and construction of heavy civil engineering within a dense urban environment including deep-shaft construction, diaphragm walls, embedded retaining walls and knowledge of how these relate to bored tunnelling activities
• Knowledge of working as designer / coordinator / reviewer within Project Management team overseeing construction / and administering the contract
• Understanding of quality assurance of design deliverables
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, LondonLondon, GB
View on Google maps