Industrial Startup Engineer
Process & Startup Engineer - Refining, Petrochemical & Gas
Location: Paris, France
Salary / package: ₠55,000 - ₠60,000 salary + ₠150 per day when travelling (Minimum of 50-100 days per year, often more), Bonus + Pension + Relocation + Medical + Incentives + AMEX expenses card
Timeframe: Active now, full budget and sign off given
Interviews: November & December (Q1 Start available)
Recruitment Partner: Exclusive to Air Energi Account Manager: Robert Jones
Key areas of interest: Refinery Technology, Process Engineering, Gasoline, Heavy Oil, Distillery, LNG, Separation, Hydrocracking, Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Petrochemicals, Gasoline, Hydro treatment, Catalyst Technology, Refinery Optimization, Refinery Upgrades
Our business and the position
Located in Europe, we are known and recognized as one of the leading suppliers of technology, products and services to the Refining and Petrochemical markets.
We're expanding our France based team, in particular within our Paris office. This is a role with no 'perfect fit'. We are open to people from a wide background, ideally within the Chemical, Oil or Refinery sector, and the list further below is a guide to the relevant backgrounds we can consider.
Based in Paris, this role will involve extensive travel, both in Europe and internationally, and this can be for up to 100 - 200 + days a year, and we offer an excellent daily allowance when travelling.
Relevant titles and disciplines
- Process Engineer - Refinery / Chemical
- Industrial Startup Engineer /
- Technologist - Refineries
- Refinery & Catalyst Technology Engineer
- Chemical / Refinery Engineer - Monitoring, Operating or Designing
- Ensuring successful start up of industrial units on the clients premises (Europe and Worldwide)
- Verifying compliance, specification and safety within the building and installed components
- Ensuring the customer applies the correct procedure and processes, and provide technical support to the customer
- Guiding and advising the customer on the operating and adjustment of units
- Monitoring and supervising the loading of catalysts into units.
Profile & Skills required
- Must have a strong, confident personality, and be able to manage clients and be forceful and direct if necessary in case of any risks to H&S or compliance.
- Fluent English and any other languages will always be valuable
- Previous experience within a similar environment relating to refinery and chemical technology covering the design, operation or monitoring of relevant systems
- Your personal life must allow you to have long periods of time abroad, this could be weeks or months
- Advanced Scientific Studies such as chemical, mechanical, energy and general engineering
- A technical degree with experience in engineering or in another technological specialty. Any chemical, or Oil & Gas related training & qualifications will be advantageous.
Other Experience of interest
- A good understanding of the hydrocarbon processes in question, and refining process in general would be a plus.
- A background as a technologist or process engineer within Oil & Gas / Refineries
- Experience in designing, designing software or operating units
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not 'tick all the boxes', but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Robert Jones.