Deputy Power Operations Manager
This project is a conventional thermal power plant consisting of a steam generator unit with electrostatic precipitators, wet limestone FGD units and steam turbine generators. The main operations focus in ensuring continuous and uninterrupted supply of power requirements.
The goal is to maximize the plant operations, efficiency availability and the capacity produce to the petrochemical complex. In addition to minimize maintenance requirements and auxiliary power requirements whilst minimizing capital and operational costs.
Role & Responsibilities
The Deputy Power Operations Manager will assist the Power Operations Manager in providing leadership and guidance in managing the department operations/activities and staff.
- Ensure full compliance to "Key Strict Rules"
- No unplanned shutdowns/trips caused by human errors resulting in loss of capacity
- Achieve zero-injuries in the power plant
- Discuss Plant/equipment limitations, client requirements, equipment abnormalities, operator issues
- Ensure that all operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner
- Establish a culture of prediction where qualified shift personnel monitor equipment performance
- Create improvement programs on the plant area/equipment; promote operating programs that can be run annually/bi-annually, etc
- Make every effort to plan, every activity especially on the activities that form part of the day to day and planned operation actions
- Create, implement and communicate your department internal audit results
- Analyse team performance; propose changes, training, and tests with the aim to improve operation excellence.
- Minimum of University degree in Engineering (Production or Mechanical)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Thermal Power Plants
- 5 years’ experience managing large complex O&M thermal power plants
This is the opportunity to work one of the largest, most prestigious IPP’s in the Middle East on a permanent basis.