Process Design Engineer - Nuclear New Build - Central Europe
For one of our clients we are currently searching for a Process Design Leader to join their team on European Nuclear New Build project in Central Europe. This is a 1 year job opportunity, with the possibility for extension.
The conventional island Process design leader reports to the Head of Commissioning Technical Office, belonging to Engineering organization.
- Development of conventional island detailed design process documentation and supervision of contractors deliverables
- Calculation Reports
- Control Narratives and system technical Reports
- Fluid list
- Lines, valves, equipment and components list.
- Equipment datasheets
- Other process deliverables
- Supervision of the above process detailed design documentation in the pre turnover phase
- Ensuring that design documentation in the turnover package is final by the schedule date, planning and monitoring engineering activities the match the turnover deadline.
- Interface between commissioning and engineering department on process issues, for both conventional and nuclear Island
- Coordination of assigned process specialist dedicated to commissioning support activities.
- Monitoring of process issues impacting turnovers and commissioning activities, their resolution by means of assigned resources in cooperation with process discipline
- Management of Project Master copies.
- Technical troubleshooting during commissioning, including proposal and design of solutions, and coordination of contractors and external designers to minimize impact on commissioning activities.
- Preparation of Engineering Field Dispositions in cooperation with Site Technical Office and Nuclear Island process department.
- Participation in the review of commissioning procedures and test plans based on detailed design and operational feedbacks;
- Assistance to other engineering units and Basic Design Configuration Unit (BDCU) in the review of design modifications to decide whether they are Design Changes or just developments in the detailed design;
- Collection and preparation of documents necessary to get Basic Design Changes whenever necessary;
- Support to Construction, Quality and other engineering disciplines to solve Non Conformities;
- Record changes as they occur and tracking for their appropriate solution throughout the design process;
- Ability to manage and interact with multinational teams
- Proactive and characterized by problem solving attitude
- Decision maker
- At least 15 years relevant experience in the process detailed design of complex power generation projects
- At least 5 years as coordinator and project process leader of power generation projects
- Proven site experience in commissioning support activities
- Past experiences in “Nuclear Plant Design” will be considered a plus; VVER plant design knowledge will be preferred
- Good knowledge of English
- Good communication skills
Thomas Thor Associates is a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations
Please forward you CV directly to email@example.com or call Gintare on +31 20 808 7177 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.