Contract Manager - Nuclear New Build - UK
For one of our clients, an internationally known company in the Energy sector, we are currently searching for a Contract Manager to work on a nuclear new build project in UK. This is a permanent position and would suit experts who would like to play an instrumental part in the nuclear new build project.
In this role you will provide the administration, financial oversight and contract management for the project. The Contracts Manager will lead a small team and will work alongside our Joint Venture partners to ensure that the required processes and policies are in place to ensure compliance with contract obligations and driving value.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage any contractual changes, proposals and issues with the client in coordination with the Joint Venture partners.
- Manage the budget and forecasting in line with contractual parameters.
- Analyse financial key performance indicators (KPIs) and provide relevant information for monthly reports.
- Support the management of budget and spending and make recommendations on where savings can be made.
- Provide information (including reports and presentations) to ensure that all stakeholders are given the needed relevant data.
- Work with Joint Venture partners to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and to develop operational and process flows.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Work with the legal team to ensure that correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
- The management, mentoring and training of those in the Commercial team
- Reporting into the Senior Commercial Manager
Essential skills and experience:
• Extensive experience in management
• Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
• Nuclear industry experience
• Experience of managing a team
• Expert negotiating skills
• Strong contractual knowledge
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• The capacity to meet project deadlines
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
Thomas Thor Associates are a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations.
More details required?
Please forward your CV to email@example.com or call Gintare Juozapaviciute on +31 20 622 5889 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.