Reliability Engineer - Power Plant
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- During construction phase of project assist as required with the effort to correctly inspect, calibrate, repair, refurbish and install all plant equipment.
- Assist with monitoring installation of all plant instrumentation to ensure that it is installed as designed and per best industry practices.
- Develop all predictive and preventive SOP from suppliers' documents.
- Create Work Request for all preventive, predictive and lubrication repetitive tasks
- Develop Infra-Red, Vibration measurement, Oil sampling and Analysis and lubrication for all Port and Power Plant equipment.
- Build Reliability Team
- Select, recommend and purchase Reliability Monitoring Equipment
- Review and take ownership of Bentley Nevada Monitoring System in place on Boilers and Turbines
- From Equipment supplier's documents, develop and implement lubrication route
- Establish relationship with local lubricant supplier
- Assist Startup and Commissioning effort as requested under the direct control of the Commissioning Manager.
As plant approaches operational status transition to ongoing duties:
- Continue to develop, update, and maintain work packages for reliability tasks
- Responsible for implementing tasks
- Responsible for employees 'training
- Proceed Criticality analysis process with operation
- Review maintenance plan accordingly
- Work on maintenance improvement projects
- Work in cooperation with Planners for projects' implementation.
- Prepare recommendations for any modifications to plant equipment, structures, organization or infrastructure that would improve the quality and speed of plant maintenance work. Especially emergency repairs that would directly affect plant availability.
- Assist with development of economic justification and budget for such changes.
- Serve as part of plant emergency response team based on qualifications and training
* Tertiary qualification from university in engineering or equivalent field experience in reliability engineering.
Experience & Skills:
- 3 to 5 years or more satisfactory experience in Reliability in a power plant is a must.
- 10 to 15 years of experience as a field engineer, Mechanical Supervisor/Manager in heavy industrial environment highly preferred.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and P&ID's required.
- Ability to read and comprehend structural blueprints, electrical drawings, I&C drawings, and control logic drawings highly preferred.
- Documented professional training a plus.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Good English communication skills; Spanish working knowledge/fluency or desire to learn required
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Trained and skilled in Primavera P6 or Microsoft project. Experience with CMMS is a must.
- Able to set direction for work group and monitor performance.
- Results driven and pays attention to detail.
- Engages others and develops team to strive towards strategic goals.
- Learns quickly from past experiences and offers guidance to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Good organiser and resource allocator.