Wind Farm Environmental Manager
Cathcart Energy are currently recruiting for an Environmental Manager Onshore / Offshore Wind Farm (England)
We are looking for an Environmental Manager who has hands on experience of policing a wind farm project with regards to environmental pollution and waste management.
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- The auditing of contractors on a daily basis as part of everyday duties and as prearranged spot checks (may require offshore visits);
- Providing advice to contractors and the project team on environmental management issues
- Supporting the Development Manager and the Development team in discharging consent conditions, managing environmental and consent risks and issues both proactively and as they arise;
- Reporting to the Development Manager and the wider project team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required;
- Identify and lead to the prevention of any potential contravention of environmental legislation and consent compliance;
- In the event of an environmental incident, manage the project side response, advise and support to the response team and ensure compliance with applicable laws and procedures;
- Provide a professional, well informed and courteous point of contact with local residence leading up to and during onshore construction; and
- In conjunction with the Development team, establish and maintain a good working relationship with the relevant onshore and offshore statutory bodies throughout the project.
Skills & Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of environmental legislation for aspects relating to the construction of offshore wind farms, including activities taking place at the onshore electrical infrastructure works, including the installation of cables (including both open trenching and directional drilling); construction of onshore substation on land and intertidal (beach); offshore cabling, foundation and turbine installation; and, as required, activities at project construction and operation ports.
- Proven experience of auditing contractors to company policies such as the Project Environmental Management Plan; and
- Experience of working within a large construction team
- All tickets required to work Offshore, Working at Height, Offshore Medical, Sea Survival etc
- Knowledge of consents associated with offshore wind farms, including those associated with onshore, offshore and port works.
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact James McNair on 0131 510 9100 and send an email with your CV to email@example.com