Critical Engineering Manager - M&E Infrastructure - £80,000
The hiring company is a groundbreaking provider of pioneering products and services which are relied upon by world-leading household name businesses, governments and defence organisations. Thanks to sustained positive growth they are now hiring for a Principal Engineer to be based out of ether of their sites in Farnborough, Hampshire or Corsham, Wiltshire but with frequent travel to other location.
This role would see the Principal Engineer being responsible for the end-to-end operational availability and maintenance of the company mission critical mechanical and electrical infrastructure. You would support and lead technical projects, provide leadership and management of all technical incidents and drive to resolution all aspects of problem management relating to the electrical and mechanical infrastructure.
The Principal Engineer would be required to provide both tactical and innovative thinking around the design and engineering of developments in the mechanical and electrical infrastructure from an operational perspective. You will also be tasked with managing the challenging deliverables of the take-on of the electrical and mechanical infrastructure into Live Service against aggressive project expectations.
The Principle Engineer will have responsibility for directing the design and planning of technical refresh projects to assure that consistent application of company standards (project, scope and quality) achieves the established budget (heavy emphasis on quality, availability and value-engineering) and schedule objectives set for the projects.
- A mechanical or electrical engineer by profession. Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and a member of the IMechE or IET
- You should have experience working at a Senior level within an engineering or property environment with a proven track record of delivering technically-complex engineering-led projects
- Experience is likely to have come from the design and delivery of capital projects within mission critical environments or technical real estate which could include telecommunications, data centres or the banking and finance sector etc.
- You will need some knowledge of design and construction terms, principles and contracts
- You must have a clean driving license and your own car for business travel - Minimum 10 years experience
- An excellent understanding of advanced electrical, mechanical, security/monitoring and fire detection/suppression systems as well as standard practices in the design and construction industry
- Ability to understand, interpret and produce design drawings, design and construction contracts, project schedules and detailed budget/estimate summaries
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD
This position would provide an excellent package including a basic salary up to £80,000, BUPA healthcare including family, car allowance, BUPA dental cover, 25 days leave, life cover 8x annual salary, discretionary bonus and an annual salary review.
If you believe you have the experience and capabilities to fulfil this role and would like to work for a company who are changing the face of their industry and value their staff with constant training, development and progression then please reply or call Marcus Mighty on 0117 9388 088 for a confidential discussion