Completions Buyer - Houston, TX
Houston, TX 77040
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Completions Buyer at our facility in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Professional purchaser specializing in a specific group of materials, goods, or services, and experienced in market analysis, purchase negotiations, bulk buying, and delivery coordination.
- Under direct supervision, manages delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer satisfaction for established suppliers.
- Manages purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, mitigation of billing adjustments / terminations and execution of cost reduction goals.
- Interviews or contacts supplier salespersons, and secures bids.
- May expedite the filling of orders by suppliers to meet production.
- May substitute items within pre-approved guidelines.
- Works to maximize production capacity in accordance with production and master schedules.
- Actively uses continuous improvement tools to improve HS&E, quality, delivery, financial performance, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years' procurement, sourcing or similar experience OR Non-degreed candidate with 5 years of procurement, sourcing or similar experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of advance level of Excel functionality
- Great attitude and willing to learn
- Willing to negotiate any and all commodities
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelors' degree preferred
- Manufacturing procurement experience a plus
- SAP experience a plus
- Order Management experience a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.