Global Supply Chain Lean and Value Engineer - Houston, TX
Emmott Road, Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Global Supply Chain Lean and Value Engineer in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
GSC Lean And Value Engineer Senior Manager Role: Scope, Work, and Assignment Synopsis
- Scope of work: Contribute to the Baker Hughes and Global Supply Chain lean kaizen and value engineering transformation and its deployment to impact metrics/results via serving as a resource to the organization on Lean, Value Engineering (VE), and Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and tools / techniques / tactics application to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste across a designated value steam.
- Type of work is multi-dimensional, integrated, job enriched, and diverse: Work aligned to benchmarking; best practice identification and reapplication; supplier and internal lean assessment; strategy planning and deployment; Value Stream Mapping (VSM); training; leadership and associate engagement (high performance team); 5 why front line shop floor problem solving deployment; Shop Floor Management System (SFMS) implementation; lean kaizen facilitation; value engineering (VE) facilitation; project and change; management; key performance indicator (KPI) definition and results tracking, governance/follow-up; mentoring/coaching; acknowledging recognition and reward; data analysis; system and workspace management; etc.
- Nature of Assignment: High visibility developmental role with significant exposure to senior leadership that seeds the organization with talent for significant, key, and valued roles.
- Length of Assignment: 18 to 36 months (Subject to change)
GSC Lean And Value Engineer Senior Manager Role: Intent and Benefits
Operate in a high performing environment and execute against a diversity of work offering growth and developmental opportunities that crosses the value stream that spans from the supplier to customer potentially including :
- Businesses: Completions and Production (C&P); Drilling and Evaluations (D&E); Fluids; Assembly, Maintenance, and Overhaul (AMO); Chemical Industrial Services (CIS); and Pressure Pumping)
- Geographies: Western Hemisphere (WH) and Eastern Hemisphere (EH)
- Enterprise Functions: Operations/Regions/Geo-markets/Districts; GSC (e.g., Manufacturing, Materials, Customer Service, Sales and Operations Planning S&OP), and Logistics)
- Enablers: Human Resources (HR); Finance; Quality; and Safety (HSE)
- Plan, execute, and follow-up on Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE), or Six Sigma continuous improvement activity (e.g., Strategy deployment; Value Stream Mapping (VSM); Shop Floor Management System (SFMS); Engagement; site lean assessment; site Lean plans; leadership standard work and gemba walks; etc.)
- Serve as a resource on Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) or Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and tools / techniques / tactics application to improve customer satisfaction and reduce waste
- Educate, coach, and train others on Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) or Six Sigma philosophy and tool/technique/tactic application
- Maintain schedule, facilitate, and ensure Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) or Six Sigma event execution, report out, and follow-up
- Ensure publication and recognition of Lean Kaizen and Value Engineering (VE) achievements on the workspace, web portal, email, and/or "In the News".
- Maintain initiative/work/project tracking and conduct regular reviews to assure accomplishment of key results
- Seek, share, and institutionalize best practices (standard work) and problem solving processes
- Develop and lead/facilitate Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) teams
- Participate in Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) or Six Sigma community, Global Supply Chain Lean Kaizen and Value Engineering Office (GSC LK & VEO), and Enterprise Lean Sic Sigma (ELSS) events
- Perform data analysis and system management
- Develop and monitor Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering or Six Sigma deployment process metrics linked to performance measurement (e.g., impact/results tracking)
- Maintain Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering (VE) or Six Sigma workspace
- Communicates Lean Kaizen and/or Value Engineering or Six Sigma progress, status, and issues
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience
- Experience in supply chain or manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma, Lean, or Value Engineer trained
- Job requirements: Skills/Knowledge
- Lean (e.g., Lean Leader (LL) or Lean Master (LM)), Value Engineer (e.g., Associate Value Specialist (AVS)), or Six Sigma Belt (e.g., 6 Sigma GB, BB, or MBB) or other continuous improvement training
- Knowledge of Lean, value engineering, or Six Sigma concepts and principles
- Ability to excel in fast paced, high expectations, risk oriented, results focused environment
- Tactical execution
- Training, coaching, facilitating, and presentation skills
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical, problem solving, and process improvement skills
- Ability to act independently
- Ability to work with and influence various stakeholders
- Associate development, mentoring, and coaching
- Flexible (Coachable) and adaptable to change
- Leadership potential and change agent
- Energy, enthusiasm, and excitement for continuous improvement oriented work: lean, value engineering, 6 sigma, organization effectiveness, etc.
- Engagement (High performing Teams)
- Problem solving
- Work and behaviors aligned to our values: Integrity, Performance, Teamwork, Learning, and Courage
- Strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability and experience or the equivalent
- Played a significant role in the GSC lean and/or value engineering or Six Sigma transformation and deployment and impacting metrics/results. Examples might be:
- Supply Chain process and/or project management experience
- Experience leading and managing Supply Chain efforts or projects with specific deliverables (e.g., Supplier Key Performance Indicator (KPI), etc.)
- Experience in a Global Supply Chain Lean Kaizen and Value Engineering Office (GSC LK & VEO) kaizen or other improvement efforts (e.g., reverse engineering)
- Exposure to the Shop Floor Management System (SFMS) or efforts with a focus on associate growth and development
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System (TPS) and Center of Excellence (CoE)
Fit for duty and flexibility to travel is key
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.