IT Systems Specialist HS&E / LEGAL - Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an IT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST - HS&E / LEGAL . As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The IT SYSTEMS SPECIALIST is a key role within the IT HS&E / LEGAL team , implementing solutions in support of Health, Safety & Environment and Legal with accountability for ensuring delivery and support of enterprise IT solutions globally. Specific areas of responsibility include: Global Health Safety and Environmental incident management systems, Globally Harmonized Systems (GHS) Compliance, Intelligent Authoring, Label Printing Interface (LPI), securing Trademark and Intellectual Property and On-boarding Due Diligence of Suppliers.
- Provide technical and functional leadership of activities including design, coding, testing and support to meet business needs and/or corporate strategy.
- Acts as liaison between global implementation teams and business partners while driving process change and enabling technology solutions.
- Works with customers to understand their business processes and requirements while managing expectations within the scope of risk, priorities and existing business strategies.
- Understands current business initiatives, technology trends and best practices for value creation.
- Pragmatic solution builder that understands the balance between process, people and technology.
- Works collaboratively with IT and business unit colleagues establishing alliances and fostering affinity and team spirit.
- Manages projects using the Baker Hughes PMO (Project Management Organization) processes to ensure clear definition of business case and benefit realization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical degree.
- Over 8 years progressive experience designing, implementing and supporting HS&E and Legal solutions in a global organization.
- Knowledge of business process design, applications systems analysis, requirements gathering, testing, driving change management and project management.
- Ability to lead and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to assemble and present information clearly.
- Assist in instructing, directing and checking the work of less experienced personnel.
- Globally Harmonized Systems (GHS) Compliance, Intelligent Authoring, Label Printing Interface (LPI) from IHS.
- SAP Netweaver Applications
- Memotech, Hiperos.
- Knowledge of Hazardous materials regulations, system installations, conversions, interfaces and support
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 53,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.