Master CNC Machinist - Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City, OK
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Master CNC Machinist in Oklahoma City. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
We are currently recruiting for a Master CNC Machinist to join the Baker Hughes team supporting our Manufacturing Department located at our Rankin Road facility in Houston, TX.
The Wireline Master CNC Machinist will support the machining of complex Titanium and Stainless weldments through the setup and machining of parts, development of online NC Programs, and collaboration within a team environment on the development of new parts.
- Setup and operate special purpose and/or Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines.
- Participate in new product development and provide support for the manufacturing of new parts.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Assists in determining the most efficient method possible to manufacture parts.
- Develops programs for machining parts for multi-axis CNC controlled machines.
- Individually and with development teams, must determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds, and all other requirements necessary to produce the products placed on CNC equipment.
- May support and update machine processing codes for different controls.
- Develop specialized work holding and tooling solutions.
- Participate in root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Advise on technical issues.
- Collaboration with external Metal Cutting Application Engineers.
- Evaluate safety procedures and reduce hazards.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Understanding of routing and tooling procedures.
- 3 years of experience in online NC programming.
- 7 years of experience in metal cutting application.
- Experience with multi-axis Lathe, Mill, and Mill-Turn such as EMG, Mazak, or Mori Seiki.
- High precision CNC machining experience (tolerances of /-0.0002", surface finishes of 16 CLA).
- Knowledge of machine capabilities.
- Knowledge of Titanium.
- Strong math (algebra and trigonometry) skills.
- Ability to read and interpret part drawings.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Strong understanding of EIA programming languages.
- Understanding of DNC.
- Strong understanding of machine shop practices.
- Understanding of CAM software.
- Proficient use in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Knowledge of Stainless & Nickel based alloys
- Experience with Fanuc, Siemens, Mazatrol, and NUM controllers.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing practices.
- May be required to work in the elements
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.