Network and Security Analyst - Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Network and Security Analyst in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The position is an Operations role with a focus on support and transformation of production infrastructure solutions. Supports an evolving global infrastructure including network, security and voice architectures. Insures adherence to standards, policies and procedures globally. The candidate is a Subject Matter Expert responsible for Operating and Managing the infrastructure, optimization, capacity planning, performance analysis and deployments of solutions for a global team. This position requires expertise in a broad portfolio of activities including architecture, design, configuration, compliance, technology evaluations and ITIL processes.
Searching for candidates with strong Network & Security backgrounds. The successful candidate will be part of a team operating globally to enhance and support an evolving network & security architecture. You will engage and work with business leaders, operation support teams, engineers and vendors to develop, deploy and maintain solutions, implement and insure compliance to standards, and provide input as a subject matter expect. Candidates with expertise and experience with multiple vendor technologies and solutions are preferred.
- Operation of the global network, security and voice infrastructure, systems and services. Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues. This includes but is not limited to the daily support, troubleshooting and change execution of all related technologies.
- Participate in project teams or as individual contributor developing, documenting and deploying solutions across a broad range of technologies. Champion the development and implementation of Operations procedures, policies and processes. Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive and current support documentation including hardware/software inventory, logical and physical diagrams, run books, build documents, configuration standards, procedures and knowledge based articles.
- Ensure availability and resilience of infrastructure services to corporate users, vendors and our customers in Production and non-production environments. Works closely and collaboratively with other teams when developing and implementing strategies and supporting processes for areas of focus. Manage changes in the environment. Insure systems and solutions remain in compliance with requirements, standards, policies and procedures while enforcing change control and company policies.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues. This includes but is not limited to the daily support, troubleshooting and change execution of all related technologies.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related discipline and 9 years' experience.
- In-depth experience and expertise in the entire infrastructure stack, global operations, architecture, design, deployments and support.
- Experience with multi-vendor network and security environments. Recent hands-on experience with Palo Alto, F5 and Cisco is required.
- Significant recent experience in more than 2 of the following security areas: Next Generation Firewalls, VPN/Remote Access, Authentication, PKI, Vulnerability Assessment or Intrusion Detection.
- Significant recent experience in more than 4 of the following areas: Routing/switching, load balancing, QoS, Multicast/Anycast, SDN, traffic shaping/optimization, hybrid Cloud deployments, automation, network access controls, monitoring & management tools, HA configurations.
- Extensive experience with large enterprise infrastructures with a focus on operational support requirements, implementations, solution design and documentation including functional and technical requirements gathering.
- The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world. Detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing projects and priorities.
- Available 24x7 for operational support and escalations for related technologies.
- Relevant industry training and certification(s).
- Candidates with broad and deep knowledge and experienced with multiple vendor technologies and solutions are preferred.
- Scripting and automation experience with tools such as Chef, Puppet, PERL is a plus.
Operations position that will require some nights and weekend work.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.