Junior Wireline Operator, Whitecourt Alberta
Weatherford Canada is currently hiring a Full Time Cased Hole Wireline Operator for our services based in Whitecourt, Alberta,
Our Wireline Operators are responsible for maintaining and operating various components of the Wireline Services equipment. Working under the direct supervision of the Field Supervisor, Operators will assist in safely carrying out rig-in/rig-out procedures, accurate data collection, reporting and performing general duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving Wireline unit to and from various job locations.
- Servicing of various down-hole tools and auxiliary equipment.
- Cleaning and maintenance of Wireline units, shop vehicles and shop.
- Rig up and rig out of all related Wireline Cased Hole or Open Hole equipment.
- This position is shift work with 24 hours on call and scheduled days off. Individual must be willing and able to travel with Wireline crew and must work well individually and in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Class 3 operators license with clean abstract; class 5 with industry experience will be considered
- Must be physically fit
- Mechanically inclined
- Any valid industry standard tickets are a definite asset
- Successful completion of drug and physical testing
- Must be available to work on call 24 hours a day while on shift
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Positive attitude and the ability to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Safety minded individual, full participation and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Reliable transportation
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks' vacation to start, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.