POSITION SUMMARY and ROLE PURPOSE:
Reporting initially to the Lead Instrument Technician and in the group reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and provides:
- Ensures the instrument and control systems are maintained in a safe working condition, operated within design parameters, and complies with Hess Malaysia procedures, and Malaysian Legislation.
- Liaison with other Maintenance and production personnel to ensure all work is coordinated, taking into account all production considerations.
- Ensure a high degree of EHS awareness is maintained.
In the pre operate phase the Instrument technician will support the project with respect to Operation readiness and systems familiarisation to coordinate and develop the documents being written, together with the vendors, in a QC and improvement role.
- Compliance with the safety management system.
- Ensure a safe place of work by compliance with the Hess Permit to Work system, and associated safe working procedures.
- Ensuring all instrument and control system planned maintenance work is progressed and completed satisfactorily and recorded in the planned maintenance history records (Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)).
- Plan and organize the work activities, such that all planned and unplanned work is progressed to satisfactory completion, in a safe and efficient manner. To this end compliance with planning tools and procedures is essential.
- Reports accurately instrument and control system work carried out, & incidents affecting instrument equipment.
- To ensure all plant and equipment is fully operational and critically maintained in accordance with Hess procedures.
- Input of quality information in the maintenance database, such that the information contained is technically valid, accurate and up to date. This includes timely closure of work orders, ensuring they are completed within the specified timeframe, and the work carried out under the work order (WO) is detailed as per SAP requirements in line with the SAP data input quality standards.
- Input to discussions on technical issues related to the platform equipment, such that effective decisions can be made.
- Liaise with the onshore technical support group as required.
- Participation in Risk assessments where appropriate.
- Complete Competency Assessments as required by the Training and Competency Assurance system.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry HSE regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of all relevant instrument maintenance documents, guidelines and procedures
- Self motivated, discipline and committed to work.
- Built a good rapport in interacting with people within the organization and external parties.
- Ability to coordinate and work independently as well as with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving skills ability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint etc).
- Ability to travel to offshore facilities as necessary at short notice.
- 5+ years offshore facility experience in instrument and control systems maintenance operations.
- Experience of commissioning on greenfield or major brownfield projects
- Good analytical problem solving skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team orientated environment.
- Knowledge and experience of SAP processes (desirable).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Advantage if equipped with multi skills experience
- Approved LV Electrical Isolation Authority
- Knowledge of Malaysia Instrument and Control systems Regulations
- Knowledge of Petronas Technical Standards (PTS)
- Open for only Malaysian Nationals
- Diploma or BTEC/ONC with 2+ years, or S.P.M. "A" level (with 2-3 years) related experience in oil and gas industry