Offshore Wellsite Geologist
Are you an experienced Offshore Wellsite Geologist?
Do you have Carbonate Reservoir Experience?
Do you have Geo-steering experience?
Are you interested in a 4 month contract in Qatar working on a 28/28 rotation?
Our client, a national operating company based in Qatar, are looking for Wellsite Geologists to work on a 28/28 rotational basis. Candidates will be based in the Doha offices and wellsite whilst on rotation, where they will be interpreting and integrating geological data and providing well-site geological support for drilling wells. This will include delivering optimised horizontal well bore placement, final well reports, updated horizontal well cross-sections, maps and formation evaluation logs for recent and previously drilled wells. Provide geological support for interdisciplinary reservoir study and field development plans. Develop and mentor less experienced staff.
- BSc Petroleum Engineering / Geosciences
- 15 years experience
- 7 years in a Wellsite Geologist role
- Experience geo-steering horizontal wells into targeted zones of multi-layered carbonate reservoirs
- Experience with coring operations
- Exp directional drilling, well planning, depth control measurements, and BHA
- Software; Petrel, Petra, Stratworks, Geoframe, Elan, IP, Openworks
Role Type: Contract Consultant
Length: 4 Months
Location: Qatar (Doha offices / Wellsite)
Salary: Day Rate
Start Date: January 2016
Benefits: Accommodation / Flights / Medical / Insurance / Transport (Provided)
Interested? please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.