Export and Compliance Specialist
I am recruiting for an Export and Compliance Specialist in Wurzburg, Germany on a staff basis.
My client provide scientific instruments for numerous industries (oil and gas, chemicals, marine, pharmaceutical) and are going through significant growth.
- Coordinate all outbound shipments with freight carriers, customers and internal functional groups. Provide all necessary documentation for shipments and customs clearance.
- Review project-specific shipping and/or carton/crate specifications. Comply with and/or negotiate with customer.
- Determine best transportation and compliance methods and carriers using input from customers, freight carriers.
- Determine acceptable export compliance on international shipments by completing export compliance checklist and destination screen.
- Maintain and update export compliance processes and procedures as required.
- Track customers’ purchase orders and contracts for freight payment terms and billing specifics. Ensure all billings are conducted in accordance with the terms.
- Coordinate the tracking of all shipments with internal and external customers (domestic and international) ensuring timely communication and follow-up as required.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and organizes work areas for efficiency and safety.
- Provides status reports to management as required.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, preferred not required.
- 2 plus years’ experience relating to export shipments and/or export compliance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent German Speaker
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of INCOTERMS and compliance requirements under national export laws.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions and work with limited supervision
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.