Line Locator – Permian Basin
Our client is seeking a local candidates with Line Locating experience to join their team in Denver City, TX.
Line Locator - Job Description
Under close supervision, locates utility lines; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Locates underground utilities.
- Clears brush and digs up utility lines.
- Operates line location instruments and leak detection instruments.
- Prepares sketches for field notes in construction layouts and as-built.
- Researches as-built drawings for line locations.
- Sets utility markings and points for contractors and other utility companies.
- Maintains inventory, equipment, supplies and assigned vehicles.
- Operates electronic surveying and data collection instruments.
- Works as a member of a survey crew.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of highway traffic control standards.
- Knowledge of basic surveying methods, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of electronic surveying line locating equipment.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting construction and engineering plans.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, practices and procedures.
- Skill in researching land and plat information.
- Skill in accurately sketching and recording field notes and computations.
- Skill in recording and maintaining public files and records.
- Skill in demonstrating and instructing entry level skills and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.