The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate construction on our client's - Permian oil production facilities. The position will provide oversight and guidance to the field company and contract electricians and instrument fitters, interact with field operators, electricians, I&E technicians, HES technicians, supervisors, the superintendent, contractors and more. This position requires excellent teamwork, organizational, and communication skills.
Location: 60 Mile radius from Denver City, TX
- Provide field instrumentation and electrical support for all process equipment from well head devices through each control element to the termination at the operator's control panel. The systems maintained utilize pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and electronic elements and tie into a LAN and telemetry based SCADA system and AC/DC.
- Develop and safely execute work plans covering installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting tasks within a work order driven system, to minimize production impacts and enhance the reliability of the operation.
- Familiar of Allen Bradley PLC programming to meet facility and project requirements within industrial and corporate standards.
- Knowledge with working on power distribution system from 480 volt thru 24.9 KV.
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation and attention to the safety of all personnel, the environment and Company assets.
- Responsible for the safe, effective function testing of all field automation system.
- Responsible for daily progress, project cost and permit writing.
- Familiar with operation and installation of various end devices, both electronic and pneumatic (pressure switches, pressure and flow transducers, valves, actuators, gas monitors, flow meters, radar level transmitters, etc.). Can inspect, calibrate and do basic repairs on most or all of the above and track planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Stays abreast of new equipment and technical trends in electronic, communication and automation systems and power distribution equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Oil and Gas field operations experience & hands on experience with automation devices preferred.
- Certifications: Electrical license is preferred.
- Computer Skills: Must be able to use a personal computer including MS Office Products