Airswift' client is an international provider of drilling solutions to the energy industry recruiting for Area Superintendent (Drilling and Workover).
Basic Function: Overall responsibility for the safe and effective operation of the Rig he has been assigned to; stimulate, supervise direct and evaluate the performance of key operational personnel of his Rig;
protect the Company's best interest at all times;
Report to his regional operations Manager or country manager on matters regarding all activities.
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities vary according to the specific job role. Work activities include but are not limited to:
1. Financial Responsibilities:
Control cost of operations by periodical cost analysis. Determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible;
Ensure that spares and consumables inventory and usage is kept under reasonable control without
affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
Follow up and approval of material requests.
Ensure that all the critical spare parts have been identified, listed and ordered.
2. QHSE Responsibilities:
To lead through effective safety leadership;
To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or environment, ensuring all the safety tools for operations, including JSA, WP etc. are correctly and always used when required;
To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification and ensure timely and accurate communication of events to line management;
Be seen to actively ensure that Client and Company's commitment to safety reaches all levels of the
Ensure compliance with company QHSE policies by all personnel;
Promote Safety Observation Card System and ensure it is followed according to company
standard by all operations personnel; lead by example;
Ensure Waste Management Plan is followed in full;
Give technical advice on operations or find support and information whenever required or deemed necessary by operations or client;
Ensure well programs and schedules are well known and adequate written instruction is received and given;
Manage the resources, operations and planned maintenance tasks to ensure asset maintenance and
Oversee and direct rig moves in cooperation with marine department, underwriters representatives, company and client;
Control and oversee use of ORACLE asset management and maintenance software;
Correlate requirements and response and provide feedback to client auditing services involved in
4. People Management:
Maintain regular contact with rig supervisory staff thru periodical visit and audit of rigs and/or yards;
Take responsibility for overall staff to ensure a motivated, disciplined and productive workforce. Especially to be a good listener and reserve time to give feedback;
Drive rig personnel evaluation process thru Company appraisal system;
Encourage training and personal development for succession planning and promote Nationalization whenever the attitude and competence justifies it;
Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix;
Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers and disciplinary measures, where identified.
5. Business Efficiency:
Must ensure fast and detailed reporting in writing of any problems occurring on the operation;
To instigate, drive and take the ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal processes within Company meet business and Client needs.
6. Customer and/or Public Relations:
Develop and maintain effective customer relationships;
Keep good communications with the client representatives and make sure misunderstanding or bad communication does not develop within the workforce;
- Experienced Area Superintendent preferably previously exposed to working in office and with client.
- Positive attitude and ability to show the competence of his level and the potential of his supervisor;
- Understanding of logistic processes for material as well as personnel in the Company environment;
- Understanding of critically of service quality to business growth;
- Able to demonstrate excellent safety leadership;
- Able to understand and promote the need of planning ahead and proactive activities;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and assist in the effective management and operations of a multi-national, multi-cultural workforce;
- Ability to impact and influence people by enthusiasm, listening and giving feedback;
- Ability to build customer relationship;
- Must speak, read and write English fluently as the main language within the drilling industry;
- Must be computer literate and required to have valid well control and offshore survival certification.