Our client, a global exploration company, is seeking a Project Scheduler to support a semi-submersible project to work in Houston, TX.
I. Job Summary
Project Scheduler responsible to develop an Integrated Project Schedule for all aspects of the development of major oil & gas fields in U.S. Gulf of Mexico deep water. Knowledge of interfaces between various disciplines and regulatory approvals process in U.S. GOM is a pre-requisite.;
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Develop, prepare and maintain project schedules through all project phases; such as Select, Define and Execute.
- Provide schedule progress analysis interface with all project disciplines to collect and update relevant project details in support of scheduling activities.
- Establish and maintain detailed and summary project plans for all phases of the Project including; Sub-surface, Drilling, Project Management, and SPS, URF and floating facilities engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Installation and Testing,
- Input to and review of procurement and fabrication tender packages.
- Provide schedule impacts for changes.
- Establish progress measurement criteria including definition of progress reporting requirements
- Formulate and recommend corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments and work requirements.
- Assist in development and implementation of project scheduling procedures appropriate for the project, which are in compliance with company requirements.
- Provide feedback for continuous development of scheduling systems and procedures
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of scheduling and tracking tools
- Review job plans for accuracy and clarity, clear scope of work, correct resources and working hours, realistic completions date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper charge number/coding and proper authorization
- Provide resource loading consistent with project schedule
- Provide regular progress reporting
- Report and trend progress utilizing reporting tools (i.e. curves, tables and customized reports)
- Participate in Risk Schedule Analysis
- Analysis of project critical path and evaluation of problems and potential corrective measures
- Provide early warning of delays in progress of activities
- Provide mitigation plans to realign progress/return to baseline
- Establish interfaces within the project for the control of change
- Close interface with project cost controller.
- Provide general support to project control function
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to HSSE.
- Relevant scheduling experience in drilling, engineering and construction phases of major offshore oil & gas development projects for an Operator.
- Multi-discipline understanding.
- Experience of working on large integrated oil and gas developments (i.e. $ 1 billion range).
- Detailed knowledge and experience in use of planning and scheduling software (Primavera and Microsoft Project).
- Proven business acumen and a history of achieving results in a challenging environment.
- Able to work in a team as well as being self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills; ability to build and manage relationships with key internal and external parties.
- Ability to develop a productive and positive office environment.
- Comfort with the preparation and presentation of technical and non-technical information to management and others.
- Experience or interest in working with a culturally diverse team.
- Proficiency in English language, oral and written.
Education and Experience
- Required : Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years industry experience.
- Preferred : Masters' Degree with 15+ years E&P industry experience.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting