Lead CSA Technical Services
Construction Field Engineers (Technical Services) help plan, direct, and execute work for all engineering disciplines in the field to support construction projects. As required they interface and coordinate activities with home office engineering, field construction supervision, and field subcontractors and the client Additionally, they may support Field Procurement, System Turnover, and Commissioning. As Construction Field Engineers progress through field engineering career path, they will increase their knowledge in all construction field engineering operations and related disciplines. Employees are required to take direction and guidance from the designated Construction Field Engineering Manager(s), senior construction field engineers, and superintendents. Additionally, employees are required to have general knowledge of construction processes along with a specific certified field engineering discipline.
- Position requires extensive understanding of rebar placement, concrete placement and finishing with calculation experience for all item Coordinate internally with other execution disciplines and external suppliers both within Company prescribed policies/procedure and/or direction from the Construction Field Engineering Manager Observes and ensures construction practices as required for compliance of construction operations/execution with federal, state, and local codes, industry standards, company procedures, and contractual requirements Gather approved required documents and information to support the successful completion of relevant construction activities/requirements. Study and understand the project specifications, procedures, and relevant portions of the Contract Responsible for adhering to and promoting safe work practices Represent Construction in project meetings Achieve successful completion of assigned work responsibilities on time, within budget, schedules, and contract requirements.
• Detailed technical knowledge in construction aspects of a specific engineering discipline
• Detailed knowledge of construction process
• General technical knowledge in construction aspects of all engineering disciplines
• Working knowledge of project team roles and responsibilities
• Working knowledge of other discipline scopes, roles, and responsibilities
• Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local codes
• Working knowledge of industry and company standards
• Developing ability to determine and ability to apply contract requirements
• Detailed knowledge of company construction procedures including subcontracting practices
• Advanced knowledge of company and project safety requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with groups outside of Construction
• Ability to coordinate operations with construction team
• Developing ability to provide informal coaching and guidance to others
• Ability to resolve problems and seek assistance if necessary
• Ability to take direction from project and departmental leadership
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office application suite
• Working knowledge of collaboration resources (i.e. SharePoint)
• Working knowledge of turnover department software
• Working knowledge of record management software
- This position is for a Lead Civil Field Engineer. The applicant must be experienced in planning of construction work and preparation of work packages on Fossil construction projects, as well as conducting field verifications and walk downs. Good communication skills Willing to work long hours and weekends Willing to work swing or night shift if required B.S. in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of experience. 15+ years of experience can be substituted for a bachelor's degree.