Senior Firmware Engineer
I am recruiting for a Senior Firmware Engineer in Germany (Wurzburg area) on a staff basis.
My client provide scientific instruments for numerous industries (oil and gas, chemicals, marine, pharmaceutical) and are going through growth. You will be responsible for specifying and developing new product development as well as product sustaining.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, required and 10+ years experience in control systems engineering. 5+ in a senior engineering role leading development teams to develop complete applications as products.
Firmware development skills: Current detailed understanding of embedded system programming in C/C++; OOD, OOP and C#.net programming experience a plus; Demonstrated capability to create and institute FW design specifications; FW RTOS development target operating system experience: eCos, VxWorks, CE etc; Familiarity with various CPU architectures (ARM, Microchip etc); Must understand through hands on management how to plan FW regression testing during code design to maintain code quality throughout development; Extensive design level experience with complex electro-mechanical systems and familiar with electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, multimeters etc.); Experience in design of communication protocols (TCP/IP, SPI, USB etc.) between firmware and external software packages; Understanding of best practices in specification analysis, issue tracking and source code control; Essential project management skills, such as managing conflict, priority, cost effectiveness and risk
Create and drive FW functional design specifications at the system level.
- Abide by and enforce FW programming standards for required programming languages utilized in the development of products.
- Expert level skill in, C/C++, multithreaded microcontroller / microprocessor based system programming
- OOD, OOP, C#.net, software programming experience a plus
- Participate in the technical evaluation of FW contractors required for product development or concept design work.
- Provide technical project management guidance to FW design contractors to ensure project planning is in place to produce production quality code.
- Take a lead role in defining required processes for FW quality control including validation testing.
- Work effectively with a cross functional engineering team to design, debug, and support instrument products.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required
CV to email@example.com if interested
Apply for Senior Firmware Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly