Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager, Large Business Sales
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe, with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK's leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation's electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
We are responsible for maximising the long term value of our residential and business customers; we create an integrated approach to energy sourcing, pricing strategy, and deliver to the needs of our customers. We sell electricity and gas to over 5.5 million residential and business customers, making us the largest supplier of electricity by volume.
Business Unit Overview
The Large Business Sales team is tasked with growing the value of a portfolio of large supply customers, primarily on flexible price contracts. This includes prospecting for large, high-value business customers and retaining customers for ongoing value delivery, including developing opportunities to upsell EDF Energy's value-adding products and services. The focus of the team is on customers who consume over 50GWh / £5m of electricity per year.
As a Senior Account Manager, you will manage a portfolio of complex, high-value electricity supply customers and be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, whilst attaining value growth from existing accounts.
You will be an energy expert, able to discuss contractual terms, industry regulation and market developments that could impact your portfolio. The role involves developing multi-level relationships within high profile customer organisations and working with internal support functions, to influence customers' thinking and build consensus up to board level for EDF Energy's solutions.
You will be expected to identify new and innovative solutions to support and upsell to customers and work with support teams to develop these.
You will be accountable for all customer-related activity within your portfolio and lead a cohesive approach to sales planning and delivery in line with internal governance frameworks.
- Proactive development of a customer portfolio to maximise business opportunities and value.
- Achieve targets related to the sale of structured electricity supply contracts and value-adding products and services by growing new and existing accounts.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to offer unique perspectives on the customer's business and industry, which link back to EDF Energy's solutions.
- Develop, maintain and deliver account plans, incorporating customer intelligence gathered.
- Display strong leadership qualities and act as an ambassador for the EDF organisation.
- Take a leading role within virtual teams as required in order to achieve commercial goals.
- Keep up to date on the B2B electricity industry, business and market drivers. Have clear accountability of customer requirements to enable the business to develop innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions to suit customer needs.
- Adhere to all agreed policies and procedures to ensure governance compliance and completeness.
- Develop and maintain strong networks with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of the end to end processes associated with their portfolio.
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to proactively devise solutions to complex deal requirementsand
- Ability to engage customers and TPIs by linking their business priorities to EDF Energy's value proposition; tailor communication to the customer's needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations, facilitate discussions through strong communication skills.
- Able to identify and build connections quickly with the right customer stakeholders to drive consensus; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success.
- Demonstrate relentless drive to proactively advance the purchasing decision and achieve results; self-directed and able to take initiative with minimal direction or supervision.
- Able to research and develop a deep knowledge of customer and TPI businesses, current economic and industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of the energy industry and 'big business' is required and specifically experience within a deal-focused
- Understanding of energy wholesale markets and risk management methodologies, or capacity to learn these quickly.
- Ability to understand and articulate complex electricity sales products and financial scenarios.