Lead Time Scheduler, Nuclear New Build
For one of our clients in Finland, we are currently looking for a Lead Time Scheduler to work on a nuclear new build project’s time completion schedule. This would be a 1 year contract based in Finland.
The Plant Completion Lead Time Scheduler is overall in charge of and responsible for a phase of the overall EPC Schedule. Together with the team, s/he will develop and maintain the time schedule for the Plant Completion phase. The Plant Completion Lead Time Scheduler reports hierarchically to the Project Time Schedule Manager and operationally to the Construction Manager.
- Ensure that the schedule updates are completed on time and in accordance with the update timetable
- Issue reports and schedules on time for review
- Responsible for the quality of the schedules under their control, and to guide and mentor the schedulers working for them
- Ensure that the team informs Functional Management and Time Schedule Management on delays and issues and risks to the project time schedule
- Encourage the team to actively work with execution and to physically observe how the work is planned and assure progress by walking out onto the plant
- Perform transverse analysis with Commissioning Lead Time Scheduler in order to secure the critical path of the project, and monitor sub-critical activities
- Use Primavera P6 for the Master Project Schedule and for various detailed schedules as needed to support the Construction group and Project needs
- Ensure interrelationships with the company and third party groups are correctly modelled in the schedule
- Ensure updating of their phase of the time schedule with actual progress and design sequence development activities
- Analyze the activities, durations, links, and critical path; inform the managers when variations or delays from the plan are detected; forecast completion dates, and recommend recovery plans to mitigate delays
- Manage interfaces with other Time Schedulers, Functional and Project Groups such as Site Works, Procurement, Commissioning, contractors, and the Client, to identify and manage upstream and downstream impacts and relationships
- Use the functionality of Primavera layouts to show the detailed Construction time schedule, summary schedules, critical path, Client and licensing organization approval activities, with meaningful milestones to track the project's status
- Prepare and issue formal weekly and monthly reports and ad-hoc studies, analysis, and reports. All reports, layouts and charts that form part of the update must be to a standard format
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in large multi-year projects or commercial projects, including five years of time schedule work experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects using Primavera
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and in writing, at a professional working level
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a stressful environment
- Experience and excellent knowledge of Primavera P6, including resource allocation and standard scheduling techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Fluency in English
- EU citizenship or valid EU work permit
Thomas Thor Associates is a recruitment and consulting organisation dedicated to the nuclear industry. We recruit for roles in nuclear new build, operations, decommissioning, research and waste management and our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies and research organisations
How to apply?
Please forward your CV directly to email@example.com or call Anelia on +33 1 84 88 80 00 for an informal discussion on this or other opportunities.