Communications Manager - Mat Cover - 12 months
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
External Communications Manager - Europe (maternity cover)
Global Corporate Communications Manager
1. JOB PURPOSE
The PR team manages the Company's corporate reputation, which means managing activities such as media relations, issues management, crisis planning and management, local stakeholder engagement (external communications).
The Corporate Communications Manager - in conjunction with the team - plans, manages and executes several communications disciplines, most notably corporate public relations and crisis planning in EMEA.
The incumbent also works with colleagues in Employee and Visual Communications; the Marketing teams and several business areas to support trade PR plans and build appropriate profile for new products, services and technologies with relevant business audience and journalists from the trade press across all sectors in Europe. The incumbent is also the functional lead to support trade/product PR and local stakeholder engagement projects for the business, and trade/product PR and public affairs support for the HES business, both in Europe.
The incumbent is responsible for the planning and delivery of defined public relations and external communications projects in Europe and the Middle East, as well as some employee communications programmes as appropriate.
The incumbent also manages PR and associated agencies across Europe (UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Slovak and Czech Republics, as well as other countries as required by the company) and works with key journalists as required to position in the minds of critical, external stakeholders.
To accomplish this, the incumbent liaises with employees at all levels of the organisation in Europe and the Middle East, and works in cooperation with the wider Corporate Communications Team in Europe, Asia and the US.
- to be operationally responsible for the above projects:
1. to develop relevant plans and strategy
2. to execute the activities of the corporate PR and crisis plans including liaison with agencies
3. to measure and evaluate all projects
4. to adhere to/lead development of regional communications processes
3. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Corporate media relations
Identify, plan, execute and evaluate corporate and trade media opportunities; manage relationships with external partners to identify joint opportunities. Support the management of the brand to create positive differentiation in the marketplace and support our customer relationships and prospecting efforts. The maternity cover position will focus on the following regions: UK, Ireland, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia.
2. Crisis preparedness and issues management
The maternity cover position will work with other members of the team in the execution of a crisis media training programme for senior and plant managers in Europe. Working closely with the business and supported by the Global Communications Manager and other members of the comms team, the incumbent will also handle day-to-day crisis and issues projects and events to effectively protect the company's corporate reputation.
3. Trade media relations
Work with the segment and local marketing teams to devise and carry out product PR activities and local stakeholder projects for the Industrial Gases business (supported by PR agency network).
4. HES communications support (corporate/trade PR)
Work with the business to develop and implement a PR strategy for the HES business in line with commercial objectives. Working with marketing specialists to ensure an integrated communications approach.
5. Agency management
The maternity cover position will manage PR and associated agencies across Europe to ensure key deliverables are met (within available budget)
6. Employee communications
Support colleagues in the internal communications team by taking a share of ownership on items that may emerge on a day-to-day basis at short notice.
7. ASSIGNMENT AND REVIEW OF WORK
To manage projects on a day to day basis autonomously and with support and supervision coming from the Global Corporate Communications Manager as needed.
- To work collectively with the communications team to share ideas and experiences and find new ways of working.
- Final approval for work comes from relevant business contacts and/or senior management; the Global Corporate Communications Manager will provide additional approval where appropriate.
- When a project is completed it is reviewed and measured against the original objectives with the relevant business contacts and/or senior management plus Global Corporate Communications Manager