Senior Electrical Engineer
For our facility in Rotterdam Botlek we are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Field Engineer with great technical knowledge who is able to troubleshoot independently and, through experience on operations facilities, has a great understanding of the interrelation between the electrical systems and the process plant equipment. Senior Field Engineer is often involved in analysing problems and identifying permanent solutions, such as replacement, revision or redesign.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that planned (preventive) maintenance programmes and all repair and overhaul work is carried out fully and effectively, within budget and paying the fullest possible regard to the inter-relation of maintenance requirements with production.
- Respond to any major occurrence of electrical breakdown, carry out prompt inspection, analyse the fault, repair and re-commission affected plant and equipment so as to assure the minimum loss of production.
- Ensure that safety standards are suitably laid down, made known and adhered to by all personnel concerned with the job. Accept responsibility to report near misses as a preventive measure.
- Ensure that the work of all electrical maintenance personnel assigned (including contractors and vendors) is adequately planned and supervised and maintained at a high level of effectiveness.
- Carry out plant modification to central design specification, submit any self generated design changes to specialist engineers for approval before implementation. Generate scope, cost and obtain approval. Supervise projects to commissioning and budget.
- Continually review and update the technical content of the preventive maintenance procedures and to recommend changes where improvements in safety, quality or economy may be effected.
- Give advice and assistance to Maintenance managers and Plant Managers on maintenance matters as requested, drawing when necessary upon the technical resources and expertise of specialist engineers.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all those individuals and departments who receive service from or provide support, guidance or assistance to the Maintenance Department.
- Provide as required, training to joint venture, subsidiaries and third party personnel in maintenance practices.
- Participate in the testing of equipment and machines often leading to the commissioning and start-up of plant.
- Collect equipment data for new projects and plant modification, allocate P.M. tasks and input the whole into the RMS data base.
- Ensure action from reports are followed up to conclusion.
- Be flexible to work out of hours in the event of instrument breakdown, analyse the requirement of the job and assemble the necessary personnel to deal with the event.
As Senior Electrical Engineer, you will have:
- Relevant Qualification to HTS level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in electrical distribution, equipment protection and controls.
- The ability to read electrical control drawings.
- High voltage and large motor experience is required.
- The ability to communicate in English, both spoken and written word.
- Good supervisory and communication.
- Experience in industrial gases operating environment is an asset.
- Acceptance of responsibility, ability to take initiative and to work unsupported and make an effective contribution to the department objectives.
We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. In return we offer a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development. If that sounds interesting, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products.