Engineering Manager - Vacuum systems
The hiring company is a rapidly-growing and highly-respected supplier of technical scientific equipment to organisations across the world. Their experienced R&D and Engineering teams have created and developed specialised processes and equipment for use at the cutting-edge of technology development.
In order to accelerate the standardisation of product development and take advantage of new opportunities there now is a requirement for an Engineering Manager to join their headquarters in Oxfordshire. This position will have a major part to play in leading and managing the company's future success by ensuring a good match between customer expectations and product capability.
This role is part of the Senior Management team and will be involved in providing leadership, structure and drive for this fast growing high tech business. With overall responsibility for the company's Engineering functions you will be responsible for continuous improvement, compliance and timely delivery of all engineering projects.
The successful Engineering Manager will oversee a team incorporating mechanical, electrical, electronic and software interface with internal departments including R&D, Manufacturing, Service and Support and Purchasing. You should have experience overseeing the design and development of high-value capital equipment or special purpose machinery, ideally scientific equipment or instrumentation specifically.
You would be expected to effectively and accurately translate customers' needs and expectations into appropriate product configurations and development targets. The Engineering Manager will also lead the management and usage of Product Data Management systems to ensure the highest level of product quality.
Essentials Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in engineering or physical sciences or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience in engineering management across multidisciplinary functions in a complex, cutting edge development environment
- A proven track record in the development and engineering control of high-tech systems, equipment or instrumentation
- A sound understanding of the product development cycle and its impact on the performance and profitability of the business
- In-depth hands-on experience with UHV systems
This Engineering Manager position would provide a salary of £50,000 - £65,000 plus benefits including private healthcare for employee and family.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements then please apply or call Seth for further information on 0117 9388088.