Head of Electrical Engineering
BWP are representing a leading independent power producer who are the lead project sponsor for a 1200MW power plant in the UAE. We are looking for a Head of Electrical Engineering for the greenfield delivery of the project responsible for reviewing electrical design, managing the EPC through construction and leading the commissioning to handover as part of the senior PMC's team.
- Design review of systems and subsystems.
- Supervise construction - managing EPC and Subcontractors on site
- Management of health and safety aspects of work at the site through implementation of agreed procedures and processes.
- Contribute to the project QA/QC program throughout the entire duration of the project in collaboration with other project engineers.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of the Contractors during the project completion cycle.
- Monitor and track progress of engineering, construction, and commissioning against the project schedule, and provide daily updates of status.
- Monitor the quality of the construction work, and manage the notification and rectification/punch listing any deficiencies.
- Attend and provide input to plant interface coordination meetings.
Key profile requirements
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Must have 10+ years of power plant construction experience, with at least 5 years in a management position
- Real Knowledge of HV, MV programs (ETAP, etc.)
- Ample experience as an Electrical Engineering Manager (all electrical activities HV, MV, LV) of EPCs or entire EPCm of entire coal power plants or combined cycles above 400 MW
- Comprehensive understanding and technical management of big scale Power Plant electrical main equipment, Generator, GSU, GCB, IPB, VFD, etc.
- Having previous experience in green field power plants is a must
- Experience with project planning software.
- Fluent in English language
Apply for Head of Electrical Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly