Lead Pipeline Operations Engineer – Operator – Aberdeen
Our Client is seeking a Lead Piping Operations Engineer to join their team based out of Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Integrity Manager, the Lead Pipelines Operations Engineer will provide support to operating assets to ensure safe pipeline operations are maintained
- Supports assets in managing pipeline operation activities such as Pigging, Riser Valve testing, Inspections and surveys, flow assurance and corrosion control, intelligent pigging, riser caisson management, flexible riser management
- Works with assets to ensure such pipeline operations and integrity management activities are clearly defined, budgeted, planned and executed in accordance with the relevant strategies
- Works with operations teams, pipelines TA and pipeline integrity management contractor to develop and maintain a year-on-year pipeline activity plan
- Ensures pipeline activities are appropriately budgeted in asset budget process
- Ensures pipeline activities are appropriately managed in accordance with work control processes, including Maximo, planning and management of deferrals
- Provides technical support for specialist /complex activities, such as intelligent pigging or subsea inspections or repairs
- Identification and assessment of technical options
- Works with Supply Chain to engage vendors to deliver cost effective solutions
- Interfaces with subsea IRM team
- Ensures subsea workscopes are defined and included in vessel / ROV /Diving campaigns
- Routine reporting of pipeline operations performance
- Tracking of performance against agreed performance indicators and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Interfaces with pipeline Integrity Management Contractor
- Monitors performance of the IMC against planned activities and budget
- Maintains pipeline procedures and documentation
- Focal point for maintaining pipeline operating and emergency procedures
- Maintains and updates pipeline MAPD and other required documentation
Skills & attributes
- A motivated self-starter, proactive, flexible and able to respond positively to challenge and ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to contribute to the team, but equally work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Strives for continuous improvement; brings solutions and constantly seeks new and better ways to work to achieve Operations Excellence.
- Actively shares Company vision and demonstrates ability to adapt to change.
- Demonstrable experience of management of pipeline operations including:
- Riser ESDV and SSIV test data management
- Flexible riser operations and integrity management
- Hydrocarbon riser caisson operation and integrity management
- Experience of pipeline specific technical activities, including
- Specification and management of pigging and internal inspection campaigns
- Specification and management of external / subsea inspection workscopes
- Experience of working within a pipeline operator / dutyholder environment preferred
- Awareness of regulatory regime and codes and standards applicable to pipeline operations in the UKCS
- Familiarity with subsea, pipeline and operations data management systems such as COABIS, Maximo or similar
- Degree qualified, relevant engineering degree
- Suitable experience managing pipeline maintenance and integrity activites with a pipeline operator
- Current offshore survival, medical and MIST certification.
Summary on Airswift:
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply now!