Senior Wastewater Technologist - New York, NY
CH2M Senior Wastewater Technologist Careers - New York, NY
The challenge? Provide leadership and guidance to staff and develop new concepts and approaches in wastewater treatment engineering.
As a Senior Wastewater Technologist, the incumbent will supervise engineering and technical staff on wastewater treatment projects and related client relationships/strategy. This is a key leadership role as we grow our business in the northeastern part of the US. This position requires a solid understanding of the principles of wastewater treatment processes and their application, as well as have a background in multidisciplinary facility design. The incumbent will provide leadership and guidance to staff by demonstrating creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment. Additionally, she/he will be required to develop new concepts and approaches in wastewater treatment engineering. In this role, the Senior Wastewater Technologist is expected to provide a major contribution to business development and to the fostering of client relationships. Our Global Technology Organization supports technologists who are committed to strong mentorship and providing opportunities to work independently and with peers. You should be a self-motivated individual with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office.
- Work under the leadership of the Client Account Managers and Client Service Managers to grow our business opportunities through relationships and long-term strategic clients
- Perform sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established department standards and software. Helps implement new design software as its usefulness becomes apparent.
- Perform and/or supervise completion of design of wastewater facilities from conception thru construction services.
- Supervise, train, and mentor project engineers and designers.
- Coordinate vendor package equipment, design, fabrication and delivery to meet project schedule and specifications including fabrication, facility inspections and package expediting.
- Support procurement including supplier qualifications, bid reviews, process design requirements, review of design drawings and supplier documents, successful resolution of manufacturing discrepancies, support for installation, generation of as-built drawings, and onsite support
- Participate in development of engineering studies and cost estimates
- Participate in construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits, and design revisions/ management of change, startup and commissioning and trouble-shooting.
- Oversee detail design milestones and schedules, staffing schedules and man-hour estimates, and budget management.
- Coordinate details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines
- Prepare and /or supervise engineering reports, studies, calculations and checks drawings.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, HAZOPs and vendor bid evaluations.
- Participate in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline • 10 - 15 years competency in working with municipal clients in engineering roles related to wastewater treatment processes and facility design. • Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
• Master’s degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline • Professional Engineering license, preferred
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws